Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you replace the steering wheel on an 84 Toyota pickup?

So I have an 84 Toyota pickup and I went to take the steering wheel off to replace it the other day and after I took the front horn panel off there was, what seemed to be a lock or something. It looked brass and rectangular and it seemed to be holding the wheel on even after I removed the center nut. Anyone have any tips?|||Generally the steering wheel cannot withstand a very strong pull from you. You might want to rock the wheel a little while pulling one side then the other . Steering wheel puller are made for just that job. Some time i leave the nut screwed on a couple of threads so I don't smash the wheel into my face. Your old truck is old enough that it might need more than a steering wheel.|||1984? Take the vehicle to your dump, and then go and get something much newer. You sound American, surely you could buy something much newer and better for minimal cash?|||Are u kidding me? That piece of sh!t is not even worth buying gas for!! Take it to the dump and get another car.

No comments:

Post a Comment