Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my 1983 Toyota Corolla SE start to choke and suddenly shut down?

I've gotten my old toyota to run, but the idle RPM cannot stay steady for more than 10 minutes drive. After ten minutes, the car chokes and drops dead. Please i need help


Appreciate it|||if it is carby model engine the float level is to high|||could your fuel injectors or part of your fuel system be clogged?|||need new choke|||1983 huh?


I remember these shitheaps, but good in their time.


1986 Camry has same motor.


Problem is low fuel pressure.


Replace the fuel pump (it is in the fuel tank)


You probably have to take the tank out of the car to do this as I did, the thing on the top of the tank under the back seat is just the fuel level sensor.


Um check the fuel filter first, thats in the front before the injector supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment