Saturday, September 10, 2011

Toyota Sienna 1999 power windows not working properly. How much will it cost to repair it?

My 1999 Toyota Sienna is in excellent condition. But the power window seems to suddenly get stuck. And will either open or close only in small increments after a few miutes each time. Is this an expensive repair item? What needs to be replaced?


Thanks.|||Hundreds. And if one went the others will too. also check under the vehicle for rot out by the spare tire. There is a recall on all these rotting vehicles.|||Sounds like your window motor is getting tired or something in the track is out of place. I could cost a few hundred dollars depending on what it is|||We have 1998 Toyota Sienna XLE and I had to have the window motor in the driver's door replaced. FYI we have owned 5 Toyotas from brand new, and I also had a 1993 Camry LE driver's side window motor replaced prior to the Sienna XLE.





First hopefully you have a good mechanic who does work on Toyotas and Japanese vehicles and he has repaired/replaced window motor before. I have been using my expert mechanic for quite some time and the service station he works for lets me bring in my own parts. Normally on expensive jobs like timing belt, water pump and thermostat I buy from 2 Toyota dealers in Texas: Toyota of Dallas and Toyota of Richardson TX as genuine parts are 30% off MSRP plus UPS S%26amp;H %26lt;= they have great schematics as well that show all the parts diagrams.





In the case of the window motor, both for the Camry and Sienna I have actually successfully bought refurbished window motors off of EBAY ($50-$100) %26lt;= Note the driver's and passenger side are differnt parts. Then as I mentioned I had my trusted mechanic replace ($75 for hour of labor) %26lt;= in my opinion, it is not DIY job as he had to remove interior door panel as well as use suction cup device to hold window in place,





Hope the Above Info Helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment