Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How many people own Toyota Celicas and what do you have under the hood and exhaust?

How much torque and horsepower are you putting out? What year do you have, model and make? This is to all my Toyota Celica drivers out there! Celica Fans across the nation baby! Toyota is moving forward! Flavor Flav! LOL|||Celicas, Gotta love 'Em!!! Mine is a bit retro. Its a 1978 Celica GT hatchback. Rear wheel drive, solid axles not independent. It's all stock 4 cyl 20R engine something over 2,300cc carbureted, makes 96hp. 5spd manual trans. That 96hp don't sound like much but I'm not shy about redlining the tach. I'm constantly surprised at how many new cars with twice the Hp it'll beat off stoplights. It really shines on a crooked 2 lane road. It handles very much like the True Sportscars I drove back in the 60's such as the TR6 and Austin Healy 3000 The best part is the price I paid for it. I got it for $795. I've done some repairs as you would expect for a car of that age. I've had it abt 3.5 years, rebuilt the carb soon after I got it. Replaced the origional clutch when it had a little over 140,000 mi on it. Replaced the radiator soon after that. Blew a head gasket this past Xmas and replaced it myself engine got 160,000 mi on it at that time. Cyl walls and pistons hardly show any wear. Valves in excellent shape, cam just starting to show a little wear. No timing belt in that engine! Steel gears running a double row timing chain with absolutely NO play in it. I've done other minor maintainence like rear shox and replaced all the Vacuum hoses, tailpipe and muffler and a cracked exaust manifold. I call it my PO-BOY sportscar! I got a working factory 8 track tape player in the dash! Really a FUN car to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment