Saturday, September 10, 2011

How soon will I receive an updated car registration title from Toyota?

I recently, mid October, finished paying off my car loan payments to Toyota finance and am about to sell my vehicle. I would like to give the updated car registration title that does not have the lender on it.





I have called Toyota finance and the Toyota dealership that I bought it from and have not had a single answer.|||You do not get a registration or title from any private company. You get them only from the government. First, you must get a document from Toyota finance releasing the lien. Then, you take that document and your current registration, etc., to the government agency that issues titles, registration, etc., and exchange the old documents for new title, registration, etc.|||One does NOT always need to get a new title once a car's been paid off.





Sixteen years ago I paid off a Chevy pickup, and shortly afterwards, I received my title, complete with the lienholder's info on it, along with a stamp marking it "PAID." I kept that title as it was until I sold the vehicle eight years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment