Saturday, September 10, 2011

Toyota Camry Brake lights do not work, even after replacing the bulbs and fuce?

I have a 1989 Toyota Camry and my brake lights do not work. I checked the fuses ( all of them! under hood and inside driver panel) also replaced all the bulbs with new. I still have no brake lights and the dash light indicator continuously shows a little car with the back light problem. What can I do? I would like to know if there is a stop switch attached to the brake pedal and if so how do I check it and/or replace if it is bad. Can I get a diagram and directions on this part...I think it is called an actuator switch? Also, if anyone has any other useful information as to what may be the culprit please let me know. Possible a relay or a link?|||Replacing the switch is simple. Just a REAL pain in the @$$ to get to.





ADDED:


Check the relays under the hood in the power distribution box.


You may be able to swap it out with the rear window defogger relay.|||the swich could be broken or bay be a wire is cut or melted|||Fuse for the brake lights is in the fuse/relay box under the dash drivers side, also check the brake light switch at the brake peddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment